Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Great Piece of Advice

Just want to highlight a terrific piece of advice for any actor:

http://www.backstage.com/advice-for-actors/secret-agent-man/advance-your-career-yourself/

If you read this blog you probably know that I produced my own play last year.  The aftermath of that:  I'm involved in three productions right now.  A short film, a play in the NY International Fringe Festival, and a feature film.  One of them is paying me a salary.  One of them has the potential to put me on the map as an actor and a writer.  ALL of them are giving me invaluable experience and improving my network of connections.  I wouldn't be doing ANY of them had I not produced my play last year.  Every single one of these opportunities sprung out of the work I did for my play.

Create your own work.  It's the way the industry is moving these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment