Friday, November 14, 2014

Powering through the cold....

Winter has arrived.   For me personally, the sudden change in climate can be demotivating (not to mention the darkening of the skies will leave me a bit depressed).  However, work still needs to be done, and I thought I'd share a few tricks I've found for powering through:

1)  Create a schedule.  I like to plan my day the night before.   I'll write down the things I'd like to do and by what time I'd like to do them by.  When I write a neat,  concise, organized list, I'm much more apt to get things done.  And getting things done makes me feel good :D

2) Drink some hot tea.  Nothing gets me focused on a cold day like a nice, hot mug of green tea.

3) Stay away from distractions.  Social media (yet ironically you're here :D) and internet-surfing are the worst.

4) Sometimes you just need to push yourself.  There are times where I'll literally strap myself in a chair, set a timer, and tell myself to suck it up and start writing.  And I do.  And things get done :D

Stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment