Saturday, December 24, 2011

Time Flies

I remember when I was a kid.  I remember sitting at home waiting for my favorite cartoon to come on.   The wait would seem like an eternity.  And waiting for school to end was like slow moving water torture.  Time would not fly fast enough.  When I got older things changed a little.  Instead of waiting for cartoons, I’d wait for my paycheck or on an upcoming vacation.  In both cases neither seemed to arrive fast enough.

Since I’ve gotten into production, I don’t really have that problem.  In fact, it's the exact opposite.  I don’t have enough hours in the day.  Time goes by like a flash of lightening.  So plan ahead.  Give yourself more time that you think you need.  Especially if this is your first time.  I guarantee you you’ll use it.

Personally, I thought I’d need about three months to produce the play once the script was finished.  I gave myself six.  So far six has turned out to be just the right amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment