Saturday, January 21, 2012

Always Look to Grow

I don't think I could have asked for a better opening night.  We had a great crowd, and I felt really good about the work we did as a cast.  I couldn't be more proud of my fellow actors.  There were several points where I felt we were working extremely well.  

I'd like to thank everyone who came.  It was a really good night for the show.

So where to go from here?  Well, there are always things you can do to grow as an actor.  I was talking with a fellow cast member after the show, and he told me, "You know, every night we go out there and try to achieve perfection even though we know it's impossible.  But every night we go out there and try to do it anyway."  And it's the truth.  There's always a way to make it better.  And that's not just for acting.  That's for every facet of life.

So make it about growth.  Pick one aspect of the work that you think could be improved upon and make that a focal point for your next performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment