Monday, January 16, 2012

Tech Week

I woke up at 6:45AM today to head to Stage 2.  I got out of the theater around 7:30PM.  Right now, it's 9:00PM and I'm still working (various emails, paperwork, marketing, etc).  But that's par for the course as far as tech week's concerned.

And if anyone noticed, I didn't update my blog yesterday.  That's how busy I was.

Tech week never goes according to plan.  To start things off the freight elevator wasn't running (second time this has happened to me in this production).  Then we started constructing the two doors we needed and ran out of lumber.  Then after we built everything, we discovered the door was slightly bowed and didn't close properly.  Tech week never goes according to plan.

Thankfully we got everything fixed by the time I left the theater.  But tech week really separates the wheat from the chaff as far as your production team is concerned.  Thankfully I've got a lot of wheat on my team!

One thing I wanted to stress though - don't let the chaos of tech week break your stride.  For the first time in about two months I broke my diet and ate a slice of pizza.  I'm not too bent out of shape over it.  I had to have some form of nourishment, but it got me thinking - if ever there was a time to stay disciplined and focused - tech week is that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment